Monday, June 14, 2010

SEO Spain

When we started Indybel a couple of years ago we had very little concept of Search Engine Optomisation. I liked to pretend that I knew what I was talking about but in truth it was little more than an IT buzz word BUT we did know that 'it' was incrediably important to the growth our company!

Once our website was up and running I was given the job of 'SEO' as I was the more technical of the two of us and I was used to copywriting from my previous career and so I began a rather interesting education in SEO ... A friend gave me lots of advice and pointed me in the way of a couple of helpful websites and I began to use SEO on our website to help improve the our rankings in the search engines. I actually quite enjoy SEO, I think you are either an SEO type person or not. There is a huge amount to learn and a huge amount you can do to help your site, much of which is very creative and I've found that if you think creatively about SEO you can have a lot of fun with it and increase your rankings through the most unlikely means. The tricky thing about trying to do SEO in Spain of course is that you have to think about it in two languages!





I'm still very limited by what I can do in terms of technical skill and I'm still a bit of an SEO novice but I'm learning new stuff every day! Recently I was lucky enough to be contacted by Mike from Spain SEO who very kindly commended me on the work we'd done on the site so far and offered a huge amount of invaluable SEO advice to help me move things to the next level. This week I have started to tentatively put his advice into practice and I am sure it's going to make a huge difference to our rankings over the next few months ...

Spain SEO have a blog where they outline SEO basics and their services. If you are stuck in SEO no mans land ( or even in Spain ) and are looking for a friendly and easy to understand SEO site then I can't recommend this one highly enough. And if you're looking for friendly and easy to understand advice and help then I'd def suggest giving Spain SEO a call ....

No comments:

Post a Comment