Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

As I have mentioned before, my 3 year old is currently at the age where she is obsessed by the Disney Princessses ... she has all the costumes and shoes and countless books and princessy toys. Actually regarding the costumes I find it incredible how the price differs between the UK and Spain. On a recent trip to the UK I was surprised to find very nice Snow White, Cinderella, Tinkerbell etc costumes in all the supermarkets and they were very reasonably priced from as little as 10 pounds a costume.

Here they only seem to be avaliable in the high end toy shops and the pricing certainly reflects that. I bought my daughter a box set containing a Snow White and Tinkerbell costume at Toys R Us and that cost around 25 - 30 euros. The costumes are not that well made considering the price. For Xmas, my daughter wanted a Cinderella dress. We eventually found one in El Cortes Ingles which was in the sale for nearly 40 euros. Quite frankly we were loathe to part with that amount of money for a 3 year old's dressing up dress but it was her Christmas present and it is a very well made dress ... however compared to what you can get online or in the UK it is ridiculous.

I recently saw boxsets of a characters dress and shoes in the Hipercor for nearly 50 euros!!!!! Incredible. My friend recently started selling fancy dress costumes on a little stall ... I think she'll do really well!!!

Anyway back to my original point ... The Princess and the Frog is the latest Disney movie to hit the screens and my daughter has seen the trailers on TV and is desperate to go and see it. Now I know we live in Spain and we do embrace the language, but I feel that for her first cinema trip it would be nice to see the movie in English. There are a lot of VOS ( orginal sound version ) films on in this area so I presumed that The Princess and the The Frog would be showing somewhere in it's original version, esp as it's half term. But no, it's been out for 3 weeks now and I'm searching and searching all the local cinema's and it's not on ... what annoys me is that they have been showing VOS versions of Avatar for about a month now .... come on ... change the movie!!! If nothing else the cinema's are missing a trick as there are a huge amount of foreign children living here on the coast who would go to see a VOS version of Tiana y el Sapo.

If anyone knows where we can see the movie in VOS in the Malaga to Marbella area ... please do let me know .... otherwise we are going to bite the bullet and see it in Spanish next week, which I know is probably better for us anyway!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment