Monday, April 12, 2010

Home Office

You have to be really organised when working from home. Because I'm also a full time mum I have to work in the living room to be around my daughter and laptop ... I'm a woman so I find multi tasking quite fun. A normal afternoon for me would be playing and watching TV with my daughter, organising her supper, snacks and bath and all the time keeping an eye on the orders, replying to emails, writing this blog and updating other sites and so on ....

After a year and a half of working on the dinning room table with the paperwork starting to spill over into the rest of the room I decided it was high time I got a desk. So on Saturday we popped into Ikea in Malaga ( I love this shop ) and I became the proud owner of a rather cool little desk ... the colours go perfectly with our room and other furniture and it's not too big so fits perfectly in the corner of our room. The desk cost around 70 euros and comes in a variety of colours ... there are also lots of other designs in the store too ....

It did take me a good few hours to assemble, but I enjoy DIY and so it was fun. I did have a bit of an argument with one of the drawers but we got there eventually ....

And so Monday morning and I am sitting happily and calmly at my desk in the corner of the lounge with everything nicely organised in my new draws and cupboards and as I result I am feeling highly motivated workwise too!

No comments:

Post a Comment