Friday, September 19, 2008

Private Health Care in Spain

With Bella safely despatched at nursery for her third week, I had my morning's free to work on Indybel ... easier said than done, for although we have been busy with sales and TV appearances I have also needed to book a few doctors appointments.

Since arriving in Spain we have had private health care insurance, my pregnancy aside, up to now I haven't had much need for the service, although sometimes I think we really should get ourselves checked out more as we are certainly paying a 'healthy' premium per month for the honour of being looked after!

So I decided to get myself 'checked out' and test the private system at the same time.

Despite hearing horror stories about the private doctors here in Spain I was pleasantly surprised to find that the whole process ran smoothly and professional.

I was able to book my appoinments easily and at a time convienient to me, and I was able to speak with English speaking staff on the phone. ( Not a necessity but a nice touch! ) On arrival all my appointments were pretty much nearly on time and the staff were professional. I found that time was taken to discuss my needs and I didn't feel hurried or as if my full symptoms weren't fully discussed. Follow up tests were arranged quickly and with ease.
So while it's not been a great week for me ( 3 doctors trips in all! ) I do feel that I've received good treatment and good service.

All this is great as the experiences I had with my pregnancy were not great.

In Spain we are lucky to have the options of both private and public health care and the doctors in both areas seem competent and considerate.

I've yet to see how my tests from this week pan out but am hoping that more of this great private service will continue and most of all that I won't need to see too many doctors in the future!

Oh well back to indybel now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment